Welcome to the
Greensboro Running Club!
Greensboro Running Club!
What is the Greensboro Running Club (GRC)?
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization that was started in 1976 by three dedicated runners.
Our Mission Statement
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization started in 1976 that promotes running, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle within Greensboro and surrounding areas. We are an inviting and inclusive club that seeks to provide opportunities for beginning and experienced runners and walkers to meet and participate in activities together. We recognize fitness as a family quest and encourage family membership. We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
Why join the GRC?
Everyone has their own reasons for joining, but our goal is to promote running and fitness in the Triad area through a variety of running and fitness related activities.
What does the GRC do for the local community?
Each year, the GRC gives back to the community in a number of ways.
- Annual Earth Day Cleanup along the Greenway
- Annual monetary donation to the Cone Health Mammography Scholarship Fund
- Donation to other local charities that our members feel is important
- Toy donation to Toys for Tots
- Volunteer at many local races
- Supporting area restaurants and brew pubs during our 8 week running series
What does the GRC do for the running community?
We have had a big impact in the running community.
- Beginning in 2016, we held one eight week run series. We have since grown and expanded to 4-5 eight-week themed run series per year. Runners meet at different locations all over Greensboro, High Point and local rural areas which gives them more running options. Check out our Facebook for dates and locations.
- We also offer our annual and very popular "Running of the Lights" series which runs each Tuesday between Thanksgiving and Christmas in beautiful Sunset Hills.
- 2022 will mark the 17th year for our Women's Running School, now known as the Women's Only 5k Training Program. This is a 10-week training program that is usually attended by 150-200 women as they train for the Women's Only 5K Race in October. This program is limited to ONLY women due to the official race being a "Women's Only" Race.
- Our NEW Co-Ed Training School is a 10-week program that is starting March 2022. This will be similar to the Women's Only 5k Training program but it allows all genders to participate.
- We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
What social events does the club offer?
The club offers many social activities.
- We are working on the calendar year 2022 currently
- If you have ideas to suggest, email our President Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
What other benefits do members receive?
Discount on Junction 311 races
Discount on Trivium Racing races
Discount at Omega Sports, Greensboro
Discount at Fleet Feet, Greensboro & High Point
Discounts on other area races such as St Valentine's Massacre Marathon Relay
Member pricing on GRC social events
Membership meetings and annual fashion show
Unlimited volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to serve on any of our committees
Opportunity to serve on the board
Coaching opportunities with our Women’s and Co-Ed’s Running Schools
Camaraderie and support from other runners
And most important….lots of organized running opportunities
Plus, you never know when we might throw in a few other “over the top” perks.